



When I went into this project I thought of the show America’s next top model. I had no idea what I was going to do and express in my self portraits at first. Then I tried to get focused and realized I wanted to go for some sort of essentiality with my photos. The photograph I believe is most creative is my element photo. It is creative because it is not a normal pose that most people would do. I like how the lines lead up and down toward me making me the emphasis. I am not a creative person believe it or not especially when it comes to picture taking so the creativity overall difficult for me. At least with effort I managed to take somewhat good photos showing creativity which made each picture unique.
Most of my pictures were happy accidents I just moved around trying out different things. The picture that was set up was my element photo. I set my body position up and wanted my partner to take the picture with me up close with the gate lines moving down with the tree in the background. I chose the setting for the other photos trying to make myself the main focus at all times. For my light picture I did want the light to shine bright in the right left corner making me less visible, but still the emphasis. I would probably be more aware of my composition next time in my prop photo. I feel like it is a plain photo with no real balance. I feel like I had the best composition in my light and element photo because it has balance.
My craftsmanship was good not great. I believe my light picture came out a little too bright because there is a glare in the photo. My prop photo probably would have been better if it were taken from another angle. In my rule of thirds photo the craftsmanship is awesome because I am the main emphasis but you can still see the playground in the background. While taking the photos me and my partner rarely messed with the ISO or shutter speed we ended up leaving the settings the same. Maybe some photos would have come out better if we did however change the settings on the camera. Weakness would be knowing what I was doing first in the photo to get a better idea of how and were to set up the camera.
Overall my opinion of this project is I did try my best to come up with artistic portraits other than a senior picture portrait. The portrait I like the most is my light and element photo. If I were to do this assignment again I would probably allow myself to be more open minded so my creativity can transfer into the photos. My least favorite photo is my prop photo because I feel there is not emotion which there should be because it is an angel my best friend gave me and it means a lot to me. Overall I liked this project, and I hope to get over my fears of showing my creativity because I know I have it in me.
1 comment:
I like the top picture between the the bars it looks diffrent then all the other pictures i seen and looks great!!!
Post a Comment