Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Artist Statment

Some of the things you will find in my portfolio are my self portraits, pictures altered by Photoshop, my personal metaphor, a movie moment, art from last semester, and much more. These pictures are influenced by emotion, but not just any emotion, it is my emotion that I tend to feel. My favorite pictures are two of my self portraits. My favorite project would have to be the frame project. I feel like my portfolio is a reflection of me and what I am somewhat about as a person. I am happy with my portfolio because I have never created such a thing before.
I struggled a little with my graduation cover because I am not the best at Photoshop. I also struggled with my personal metaphor because I knew what my goal was I just couldn’t translate in my picture. I feel I was most successful with my frame pictures because I got the right concept of what the project was, and they turned out nice and artistic.
I have learned about camera settings like ISO, shutter speed, and light metering this semester. I have learned how to set my camera if I was in a dark setting or bright setting to take better photographs. I have learned to not take regular pictures, and learned to make them more creative, and open my mind. I have learned to blend objects together in Photoshop as well.
In the future I feel I could improve in my Photoshop skills and taking better pictures. I know letting my mind run free will help me do this. I think I have improved just in taking pictures, because I have never done anything like we do in our class projects before. I am happy I took this class because I actually have learned a lot. I know I will use what I learned in the future.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Adriana, Your portfolio is lovely. You have done an excellent job staying on top of everything. You always think through your artwork which I really appreciate, it makes for more meaningful pictures. Your writing is excellent you express yourself well. I have really enjoyed having you as a student. Thankyou for contributing your talents to my class.